We are looking for a talented and experienced Android developer to own the Android app development effort. The app is an essential part of the product and is the main point of contact with the customers. This means that the app must be top quality and resilient (as our users might be using the app in less than ideal conditions e.g. poor connectivity, low GPS precision).
Our Android app is currently at its MVP stage and is already being used by users in the UK and France: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.ponybikes.mercury&hl=en
You will be working directly with the Head of Mobile to ensure that the app is consistent both in terms of UX and architecture with the existing iOS app (which is currently a bit more developed than its Android counterpart).
Besides being responsible for the Android app, you will also help us to continually improve our software architecture by having direct input on how our software evolves across different platforms.
Our office is located in London and you can work from there if you live nearby. Otherwise this is a Remote position.
- Evolve our Android app from MVP to world-class app
- Make sure that the UX is perfect and our users have a seamless experience while riding our bikes
- Ensure that the app will work in several regions and languages (Pony Bikes is currently operating in Oxford, UK and Angers, France)
- Help us define what is needed in terms of backend for our client apps to work the best way possible
- Optimise background communication with BLE accessories